Let’s chat about the re-brand, shall we?
So, what’s going on here at Stark, you may be pondering on this gloomy Monday morning. (You’re probably not, but here you are reading about it anyhow.)
“Are you selling the company?” and other questions you may (or may not) have.
I am armpit-deep in bottles and butters over here, while simultaneously juggling the new labels and new copy (with my talented freelance crew… I am solo, but I don’t do everything!), new site and new names, new formulas and new this and that and the other thing (and the thing that goes with that thing, and ok, it’s endless) and honing in on the new vision for the company. At the same time, I’m not throwing it all out. There’s so much good to the original Stark, and there’s a lot I want to preserve. This has been all about striking a balance between the old and the new, and that’s tough!
But no, Stark isn’t for sale. The name isn’t changing, I won’t start selling socks or treadmills or Arbonne, I’m not raising my prices and “getting into” Wholefoods or Urban Outfitters. I’m not outsourcing my production or buying a farm. I’m not opening a spa or getting a van. It’s all still going to be Stark, just a refreshed vision that’s more in line with how I want to move forward.
In November (fingers crossed), the new Stark will be unveiled!
In a nutshell, here’s what the brand refresh will bring:
- New products. My creativity has been through the roof, and I need to stop holding back. Expect things, people! The relaunch will have at least 2 new products, 3 if I can hustle.
- Your favourites will come back. The refresh will bring back 3 of your favourite Stark products, and later launches will feature some edited oldies and brand new products. (So that’s a 5-6 product relaunch in November, if you’re counting.)
- A “branching out”. I won’t say much as the November relaunch won’t be featuring any of this, but there’s plenty in the works behind the scenes.
- A brand new look! A little reminiscent of the old brand, but definitely refreshed.
- A clearer mission. What the heck am I doing and why? The eternal question! It’s become more clear to me over the past year or so, and I want to share my vision with you.
- Where I will sell? Still online-only! I’m committed to this oddball business model (for my field) and I want to really werk it. It’s tough, and I will need your help.
- My complete lack of sanity. Hey, it was only a matter of time, but I think I can use it to my advantage a la Mad Scientist (my new studio lab is sooooo fun to play in!)
These past 5 years have been amazing. Building Stark, and then eventually feeling this nagging unrest has been the best thing to happen to me, professionally, ever. I am so committed to what I do, and have learned so much in the past decade about formulating, business, creativity and e-commerce specifically that I am really looking forward to recreating a company that can grow with me.
Thanks for being such an important part of this. I am eternally grateful, and always a bit surprised, that I have built this little brand that actually has legs, but it’s only because you decided to support a small company like mine. You could go to Walmart and buy Burt’s Bees, but you feel the soul I inject into everything I make, and I know that means something to you. Well, that means everything to me. Thanks again, and here’s to another 5 years of creating exceptionally fantastic skincare. 🙂